Company History

CFC International Corporation, An ITW Company has a long history as a specialty coated film company, starting with its origins circa 1900. Several decades and acquisitions later, it became a part of Bee Chemical Company, which was acquired by Morton Thiokol in 1985.

In 1986, became a privately held corporation called Coated Film Company.

Following is a timeline of the company’s developments since then.


CFC Timeline

   
1988 Company changes name to CFC International, Inc.
   
1988 CFC acquires lift off tape business from Illinois Carbon Products.
   
1988 Admiral Coated Products in Moonachie, NJ is purchased by CFC.
   
1992 CFC Applied Holographics formed as a joint venture between CFC International, Inc. and Applied Holographics PLC.
   
1995 CFC becomes a public company. The company is traded on the NASDAQ National Market under "CFCI."
   
1997 CFC acquires Northern Bank Note Company in Countryside, IL.
   
1998 CFC purchases Applied Holographics PLC’s entire interest in CFC Applied Holographics.
   
1999 CFC acquires German specialty chemical company, Oeserwerk KG.
   
2000 CFC acquires the worldwide rights to the holographic technology of Applied Holographics PLC
   
2001 The Countryside facility begins manufacturing gift cards and expands its production warehouse space by an additional 10,000 square feet.
   

2004

CFC headquarters in Chicago Heights purchases an additional 58,000 square feet of office, manufacturing and warehouse space on approximately 5.77 acres. This property borders its current facility and will allow for future expansion.
   
2006 CFC is acquired by Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), and becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of ITW.
   
     
 
 
  Home | About Us | Products | Contact Us | Site Map | Legal
  © 2004-2009 CFC International Corporation, An ITW Company. All rights reserved.